It’s deer season here in the north. For those of you who don’t partake, you’re missing out. To encourage you, here are my top 10 reasons to go to deer camp…
10. You’ve never seen the sun rise through a hangover.
9. Only time it’s acceptable to eat breakfast twice.
8. After three days without shaving, you can pretend you’re living with Mexican banditos.
7. Your euchre game will improve considerably after 845 consecutive hands.
6. Really the only place you can smoke Swisher Sweets without drawing strange looks.
5. Time to ponder the life’s great questions…like, if my frozen big toe had to be amputated, would I walk funny?
4. The thrill of the call of nature when you’re a mile from your truck, it’s 20 degrees, and you forgot to bring toilet paper.
3. Three naps a day (2 in the deer blind).
2. Pretending not to see that buck because shooting it would make you late for dinner.
and the number 1 reason to go the deer camp…
1. Appreciating the fact that you only see these guys in their underwear once a year.