I thought I’d do something a bit different this week. Here are the Top 10 things I miss about…the 1970s
10. Saturday morning cartoons, the only time you could watch three full hours of cartoons.
9. Getting my first radio with a cassette player…and those big, fat, clunky “Play” buttons.
8. Pulling out the buttons to set your car radio stations.
7. A high-beam switch on the floor where it belongs.
6. Dolly Madison commercials during the Peanuts cartoons.
5. The “Pause” when a sitcom actor had to wait for the applause to stop.
4. Collecting Topps baseball cards because we liked baseball, not as an investment.
3. Pull-top chain necklaces.
2. My mother handing me the phone to talk to my grandmother and saying “It’s long distance,” which meant it was expensive and a special treat.
and the number 1 thing I miss most about the 1970s…
1. The banana seat and orange flag on your bike because NOW you were cool!
Okay…your turn. Anything to add to my list?