10. You learn about all the new bands that have appeared after Van Halen.
9. Excuse to post every moment of my life on Instagram.
8. Your fan mail is written entirely in emoticons.
7. Your characters might get their own fandom.
6. No need to bother with Twitter.
5. You don’t have to use three chapters to explain the theory behind hyperspace travel (know it, though, there’s always that one guy…).
4. If you’re stuck on a scene, just bring in a kiss or a hovercraft.
3. Re-live your high school years but say all the stuff you wish you’d said then.
2. Your author headshot can be a selfie.
And the #1 reason to write YA fiction…
1. I can set the time period during my own childhood and it passes for historical fiction.
My first YA novel, Now I Knew You, is now available. Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll let you know when I run a sale or offer a free copy of my next novel, Angel ‘n Me, to be released in June.
[OptinLink id=2] [OptinLinkButton button_type=gradient link_type=optinlink color=#aabbff border_radius=3 button_text=”Click here for my monthly newsletter featuring announcements and free books!”] [/OptinLink]