Recently I’ve re-discovered Wattpad, and I don’t know why I ever gave up on it in the first place! I have a long, long list of reasons to join Wattpad, but I’ve broken it down to my top 10. So here are my top 10 reasons to be a Wattpad writer:
10. The thrill of seeing a 12 year-old kicking your butt in rankings.
9. You can pretend that all those views are the total number of people reading your book instead of the sum of reads per chapter.
8. Having the aformentioned 12 year-old leave advice on your story.
7. Realizing that she’s right.
6. Discovering that there’s a huge market for alpha-male novels.
5. Googling “alpha male” to find out exactly what that means.
4. Joining a serious writer’s “club” and playing games like “What would your character do in the zombie apocalypse?”
3. Trying to explain to a new writer that the number of f-bombs in the opening chapter isn’t necessarily a measure of artisitic boldness.
2. Watching teenagers learn the fine art of spamming their followers every time they post a new chapter.
And the #1 reason to be a Wattpad writer:
1. You’ll discover that being a good writer means squat. You gotta be fun, too!
Check me out on Wattpad, and please vote for my stories and tell me how awesome I am. I could really use it!